Military Family Resource Fund sponsors veterans through a variety of programs. These include veteran health programs, family support, and scholarships. Read on to find out more.
Veteran Health Programs
- MFRFMA supports programs that improve the well being of veterans
- Support and services for those who care for Veterans
- Readjustment Counseling (Vet Centers) – Offers services to eligible Veterans and their families in an effort to aid their successful transition from military to civilian life
- Substance Abuse Programs – Treatments addressing all types of problems related to substance use, from unhealthy use of alcohol to life-threatening addictions
- Women Veterans Health Care – Implementing positive changes in the provision of care for all women Veterans
- Youth Programs support active duty, Air & Army Guard and Reserve Components and geographically dispersed service members and their families. The MFRFMA is committed to serving these military personnel and their families by reaching out and assisting them through robust child, youth and family programs, wherever the member resides.
- Maryland Youth and Teen Program
- Deployment SUPPORT CHILD CARE
- Back to School Program
Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Programs
The MFRFMA (MWR) program is a program that directly supports readiness by providing a variety of support services. MFRFMA offers units access to MWR trailers (2) and financial support for unit and family events.
The program’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for post-9/11 service members who have sustained physical and psychological wounds in the line of duty. Services include career transition and education programs, health and wellness counseling, and community-building initiatives for military families as they transition into civilian life.
Veteran Support Programs
Provide financial support for veteran support programs
- Maryland Military Historical Society
- 29th Division Association
- Streets of Hope
- USO BWI
- Buglers for TAPS
- Fisher House Foundation – Walter Reed Hospital
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Charitable Service Trust
- Homes for Our Troops
- Puppies Behind Bars
- Wounded Warriors Family Support
- PAWS for Cause
- Forward Support Base
- 175th Airman Relief Fund
MFRA-MA awards can be used for a variety of educational and employment pursuits. Scholarship funds on average are $1,000 and can be used towards degrees, certifications, licensure, CEUs, business expenses.
- LTG James & Mrs Ellen Fretterd Scholarship
- Major Alexander Wilson Scholarship
- Edith “Roddy” Esslinger Scholarship
- Richard J. Skovira Scholarship
Mental Health Programs
Mental Health Maintaining and improving through excellence in health care, social services, education, and research. Support for research and education on the prevention, understanding, and treatment of PTSD